First Time at TSOM?

Orientation for First Time Students


  • Register for classes online by clicking the register/login link, selecting the level you will be taking, and paying the $25 registration fee for your level.
  • Once you are registered, click the classes link and locate the course you are ready to take.
  • Pay the $60 registration fee for the course.
  • After paying for your class, click the download homework link. You will need to complete this homework before 11:59pm on the Wednesday preceding class. This is a firm due date for the homework.
  • After downloading your homework, click the buy textbook link under the class you are enrolled in. You will be taken to the book you need to buy for the course.
  • As long as you have the correct book and the correct edition, you may purchase the book anywhere you choose. (see the course listings to confirm the edition number or the ISBN number)
  • Once you have registered, paid both the registration fee and the class fee, downloaded your homework, and secured a copy of the course book, you are all set to begin preparing for class!

Preparing for class

  • When turning in your homework, be sure to type your answers into the document you are turning in. (If you feel more comfortable writing on a printed copy first and then copying your answers into the digital document to turn in, that is fine. Be sure to allow yourself the extra time required for this additional step)
  • Click here for tips on completing the homework.
  • Once you have completed the homework, login to your student portal and submit the homework into the dropbox. Your graded homework will be returned to you when you arrive for class.
  • Once you have submitted your homework, you are now ready to attend class.

Arriving for class

  • Classes will be held at House of Grace, 600 Lock 4 Rd, Gallatin, TN 37066.
  • Our new motel is just a couple blocks away:
    Quality Inn
    1001 Village Green Crossing
    Gallatin, TN 37066
  • To reserve your hotel, please contact the hotel directly at (615) 451-4494 and mention reservation code TSOM
  • Orientation begins at 6:30 pm on the first Friday of the month. Please arrive a few minutes early to ensure that you find your class.
  • When you arrive for the first time after registering, you will be given a name badge with your student ID number. The name badge helps your instructor and the TSOM staff get to know you better, so be sure to wear your badge to class each month.
  • Once you have your name badge, you will be directed to the Orientation during which greetings, further instructions, and a short devotion will be given.

Class Time

  • Class consists of two meeting times: Friday, from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm, and Saturday, from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm.
  • At the beginning of class on Friday, your instructor will return your graded homework.
  • During class, be sure to listen, take notes, and if something is unclear, ask questions. After class instruction concludes on Saturday, you will take a short test. This test will comprise 60% of your final grade for the course (the other 40% will be comprised of your homework grade.)
  • 1/3 of your test will be based on classroom instruction. In other words, your test does not cover the exact same questions as your homework, so be sure to engage with the instructor and his/her teaching.
  • Click here for tips on completing the test.

After Class

  • After class, please allow one week for grading and processing after which you will be able to check your grades through your student portal. Use your student ID and the password you generated when registering to login.
  • For those seeking ministerial credentials, please click here for more information on the extra steps required.